If you are not running raspbian (I run ubuntu mate), you have to follow these steps to make the camera work.
1) Make the user a member of 'video' group:
sudo usermod -a -G video [your_username]
/opt/vc/bin to your
3) set up your
/boot/config.txt to contain the following:
gpu_mem=128 start_file=start_x.elf fixup_file=fixup_x.dat # optionally: disable_camera_led=1
4) Download the 3 files from and put them in the same folder:
5) Open camera.py with IDLE (using Python-2.7) and Run the module.
Instructions for installing Navit:
1) Install the following packages:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get install gpsd gpsd-clients cmake subversion build-essential espeak freeglut3-dev imagemagick libdbus-1-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev libdevil-dev libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libgarmin-dev libglc-dev libgps-dev libgtk2.0-dev libimlib2-dev libpq-dev libqt4-dev libqtwebkit-dev librsvg2-bin libsdl-image1.2-dev libspeechd-dev libxml2-dev ttf-liberation
2) Install navit
sudo apt-get install navit
3) Download the desired maps from http://maps9.navit-project.org/ . You can download the map from a predefined area or from a selection, if you want the whole planet it is 18Gb.
Rename the *.bin file to osm.bin. (Place it in /home/**user**/**desired_folder**)
4) Edit the navit.xml
sudo nano /etc/navit/navit.xml
Find the section with "openstreetmaps" (Ctrl+W) and modify to your needs (**user**/**desired_folder**):
<!-- Mapset template for openstreetmaps --> <mapset enabled="yes"> <map type="binfile" enabled="no" data="/media/mmc2/MapsNavit/osm_europe.bin"/> <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="/home/**user**/**desired_folder**/osm.bin"/> </mapset>
Set all other mapsets to “no”, to ensure, that only the new OSM-map is loaded an used:
<mapset enabled="no"> [...]
5) Run navit
Changes made in this version of libresmartphone software:
· Make the SMS tab work as desired, with a virtual keyboard that can be used with a touchscreen. This tab reads and sends SMS.
You can download the source from:
Changes in this version of libresmartphone software:
· Pull calls.
Download libresmartphone software from:
Sorry for the sound, it is very bad.
In this update I show a wooden box I made for libresmartphone. I will reduce the size in future versions, but for now I want to have more space abailable so everything I want can be inside it easily.